The Oskaloosa Herald
UNIVERSITY PARK —
Oskaloosa Fire Department officials determined that an electrical short caused a house fire in University Park Thursday afternoon.
The Oskaloosa Fire Department received a call at 4:48 p.m. Thursday about a house fire at the home of Cathy Howie at 1009 Peniel St. in University Park.
Thirteen Oskaloosa firefighters and six New Sharon firefighters responded to the scene. The firefighters were at the scene for one hour and 50 minutes, according to a report from the Oskaloosa Fire Department.
According to the report, the fire’s area of origin and damage was to the second story exterior wall by a door with an extension to the exterior wall as well as the roof, fire escape and attic. There was minimal smoke and water damage to the home’s interior.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire, according to the report.
In the report, fire officials determined smoke detectors in the home were not working.