OSKALOOSA — Members of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary gathered at the veterans home on A Avenue East Thursday to serve local veterans a Valentines Day noon-time pizza party to show appreciation for their service to the country. February is Salute to Veterans Month were VFW posts across the nation show their support for veterans.
- Local News
Nelson Pioneer Farm artifacts
The Oskaloosa Herald and the Nelson Pioneer Farm are teaming up to test your knowledge of historical artifacts.
Indoor R/C raceway features dirt track
If rain washes out the races at the Southern Iowa Speedway, you can still catch some racing action at Kelderman’s Hobby Shack Raceway at the Heartland Center, live or soon, via the Internet.
Market Street Hall is not just a place for college students to live
The Market Street Hall dormitory on the William Penn University campus has had a lot of use since it opened in January.
- Supervisors look to sell county shop building in Leighton
- City council eyes MHP parking lot project
William Penn opens doors to Market Street Hall
William Penn University officials opened the doors to the new Market Street Hall dormitory for the public to view Friday morning.
- Photo: Retiring the Stars 'n' Stripes Members of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars conduct a flag retirement ceremony at the VFW post Friday evening. American Legion Sgt. At Arms Fred Bridges said the veterans retired about 500 U.S., state and military service flags. They conduct the ceremony once a year on Flag Day. A ceremony is conducted before the old, tattered flags are burned, he said.
Man faces theft charges for grave markers
An Oskaloosa man has a preliminary hearing today in Mahaska County District Court for allegedly stealing veterans’ grave markers at two rural cemeteries.
- Puppet show
- Producing produce at the Farmers' Market
- More Local News Headlines
- Nelson Pioneer Farm artifacts